Middle Size League
< Main Page >
- 1 News
- 1.1 Team Water winner of RoboCup 2017 in Japan
- 1.2 Historical material RoboCup European Championship
- 1.3 Team Water in Yang Lan docu
- 1.4 Standardized world state logging files published!
- 1.5 Qualification RoboCup 2017 in Japan
- 1.6 Edition VI of the International MSL Workshop was held in Kassel, Germany
- 1.7 MSL Rulebook for RoboCup 2017 published
- 1.8 Call for participation, RoboCup 2017 in Japan
- 1.9 Group picture
- 1.10 Competition RoboCup 2016
- 1.11 RoboCup 2016 Scientific and Technical Challenges
- 1.12 Qualification RoboCup 2016
- 1.13 Rulebook published
- 1.14 New RefBox project has been released
- 1.15 Edition V of the International MSL Workshop was held in Aveiro, Portugal
- 1.16 RoboCup 2016 Call for Participation
- 1.17 RoboCup 2015 Results
- 1.18 Pre-qualification results for the 2015 MSL RoboCup Competition in China
- 1.19 Public Release Code CAMBADA Team
- 1.20 Check also for PREVIOUS NEWS
- 2 Competition
- 3 Organization
- 4 Other
This is the official page of the RoboCup Middle Size League (MSL). On this page you find an overview of the participating teams, the MSL committees, the latest rules and regulations, results of the world championships, local events and more...
Please contact the RoboCup MSL technical committee in case information on this page is missing or incorrect.
Make sure to subscribe to the official RoboCup MSL mailing list to stay up to date.
Team Water winner of RoboCup 2017 in Japan
Beating team Tech United Eindhoven in the final match Team Water of the University of Beijing is the winner of RoboCup 2017 in Japan! Highlights here.
Historical material RoboCup European Championship
In the year 2000, the first RoboCup European Championship was held at the Sports Centre of the University of Amsterdam. Arnoud Visser published these videos of some of these very early RoboCup MSL matches!
Team Water in Yang Lan docu
Fourfold RoboCup MSL champion Team Water features in this documentary, which aired recently on Chinese television.
Standardized world state logging files published!
From 2016 onwards MSL teams are providing perceived game state and robot intentions in a standardize format. Data logged during the RoboCup Leipzig world cup is published on this wiki.
Qualification RoboCup 2017 in Japan
The qualification results for RoboCup 2017 in Japan are published. Nine teams are qualified, team names, ranking and links to qualification material can be found here.
Edition VI of the International MSL Workshop was held in Kassel, Germany
The 2016 RoboCup MSL workshop was held at the University of Kassel. A summary, slides and videos of presentations and discussions are available here.
MSL Rulebook for RoboCup 2017 published
See below for the official rulebook for RoboCup MSL in 2017, along with a document summarizing the main changes. Among the changes are increased freedom for size and colors of robot markers, and a more extensive technical challenge!
Call for participation, RoboCup 2017 in Japan
Pre-registration deadline for the MSL competition is set to January 31. Please find the call for participation, here.
Competition RoboCup 2016
RoboCup 2016 Scientific and Technical Challenges
We congratulate team Water from the Beijing Information Science and Technology University on winning the Technical Challenge, and team CAMBADA from the University of Aveiro on winning the Scientific Challenge! Several pictures of the Technical Challenge can be found here. The scientific presentation of CAMBADA involved a live demo of optimized ball intercept strategies.
Qualification RoboCup 2016
The qualification results for RoboCup 2016 in Leipzig are published. Ten teams are qualified, team names and ranking can be found here.
The rulebook for RoboCup MSL in 2016 has been published. Together with a document summarizing the most important changes, it can be found here.
New RefBox project has been released
The new RefBox project, used and pre-tested during the V International MSL Workshop 2015 has been released and can be found at this site. All teams are invited to download the current version, and start testing with it, since this will most likely become the RefBox application for next year's competitions. New documentation regarding this RefFox will be updated soon.
Edition V of the International MSL Workshop was held in Aveiro, Portugal
This 2015 RoboCup MSL workshop took place in Aveiro, on November 23th, 124h and 25th. Click here for further information.
RoboCup 2016 Call for Participation
The RoboCup 2016 Middle Size League Call for Participation can be found here.
RoboCup 2015 Results
The results for the Tournament, Scientific Challenge and Techical Challenge in RoboCup 2015 can be seen here
Pre-qualification results for the 2015 MSL RoboCup Competition in China
Pre-Qualification results here
Public Release Code CAMBADA Team
Software developed by the CAMBADA team has been released under a GPL3 license. The release includes code for robot-robot communication, an MSL basestation, a simulator for MSL and the role of a striker.
Check also for PREVIOUS NEWS
Previous news can be found at this link
Rules for the 2013 competitions: 2012-12-10
Rules for the 2012 competitions: 2011-12-29
Rules for the 2011 competitions: 2010-12-31
Rules for the 2010 competitions: 2010-05-12
Rules for the 2009 competitions: 2008-12-12
Teams (in alphabetical order)
|5DPO||FEUP-DEEC / INESC-Porto, Portugal||http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~robosoc/en|
|Adro||Isfahan Azad University, Iran||http://www.iranadro.com|
|ARES||The Pilot College Of Beijing University of Technology, China||http://www.pcbjut.com/RoboCup/|
|CAMBADA||University of Aveiro, Portugal||http://robotica.ua.pt/CAMBADA|
|Carpe Noctem Cassel (CNC)||Distributed Systems Group, University of Kassel, Germany||http://carpenoctem.das-lab.net|
|CS_Rob||Changshu Institute of Technology, China||http://dqxylib.cslg.cn/view.asp?id=2652|
|Endeavor||Wenzhou Vocational & Technical College, China||http://elc.wzvtc.net.cn/robot/index.html|
|Falcons||ASML, The Netherlands||http://www.falcons-robocup.nl/|
|Hibikino Musashi||Kyushu Institute of Technology, University of Kitakyushu, Japan||http://robocup.ksrp.or.jp/hibikino-musashi|
|Hong Kong Dragons||City University of Hong Kong, China||http://www.ap.cityu.edu.hk/robocup/robocup.htm|
|JiaoLong||Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China||http://robolab.sjtu.edu.cn/|
|Lushan||The College of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Hunan University, China||http://184.108.40.206/index2.html|
|MINHO||University of Minho, Portugal||http://www.robotica.dei.uminho.pt/robocup|
|MRL||Qazvin Islamic Azad University, Iran||http://mrl.ir/index.php/middle-size|
|MU Penguins||University of Melbourne, Australia||http://robocup.eng.unimelb.edu.au/|
|NuBot||National University of Defense Technology, China||http://nubot.nudt.edu.cn|
|Paderkicker||University of Paderborn, Germany||http://www.paderkicker.de|
|RFC Stuttgart||University of Stuttgart, Germany||http://robocup.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de|
|ROBIT||Beijing Institute of Technology, China||http://robit.quanquan6.com/|
|RV-Infinity||Tokyo Polytechnic University, Japan||http://www.seit.t-kougei.ac.jp/vision/|
|SocRob||Institute for Systems and Robotics, Portugal||http://socrob.isr.ist.utl.pt|
|Strive-Legends||Shanghai University, China||http://robocup.shu.edu.cn|
|Tech United Eindhoven||Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands||http://www.techunited.nl|
|VDL Robot Sports||VDL Enabling Technologies Group, The Netherlands||http://www.robotsports.nl/|
|Water||Beijing Information Science & Technology University, China||http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/articlelist_2532664717_0_1.html|
|WinKIT||Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan||http://www2.kanazawa-it.ac.jp/robocup|
|Year||1st Place Team||2nd Place Team||3rd Place Team||Video (Youtube)||Video (Youku)|
|2017||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full|
|2016||Tech United||Water||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2015||Water||Tech United||ARES||Highlights - Full||Full|
|2014||Tech United||Water||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2013||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2011||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full 1 2 3 4||Highlights|
|2010||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full 1 2 3 4||Full 1 2 3 4|
|2009||1.RFC Stuttgart||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights||Highlights|
|2002||EIGEN||WinKIT||Osaka Univ. Trackies2002||Highlights|
|2000||CS Freiburg||Golem Team||Sharif CE||Highlights|
|1999||Sharif CE||Azzurra Robot Team||CS Freiburg|
|1998||CS Freiburg||Tubingen||Osaka Univ.|
Results of the 2016 competition here
Results of the 2015 competition here
Results of the 2014 competition here
Results of the 2013 competition here
Results of the 2012 competition here
Results of the 2011 competition here
Results of the 2010 competition here
Results of the 2009 competition here
Make sure to subscribe to the official RoboCup MSL mailing list to stay up to date.
The Executive Committee members represent the MSL within the general RoboCup community. Executive committee members are appointed for three years.
- Robin Soetens, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands (2017-2019) - second term
- Ricardo Dias, DETI/IEETA, University of Aveiro, Portugal (2017-2019) - first term
- Junhao Xiao, National University of Defense Technology, China (2017-2019) - first term
Former executive committee members:
- Yasunori Takemura, Nippon Bunri University, Japan (2011-2016)
- Andreas Witsch, University of Kassel, Germany (2016)
- Bernardo Cunha, University of Aveiro, Portugal (2011-2015)
- Roel Merry, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands (2010-2012)
- Andrea Bonarini, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (2006-2010)
- Fernando Ribeiro, University of Minho, Portugal (2004-2010)
- Yasutake Takahashi, Osaka University, Japan (2006-2009)
- Gerald Steinbauer, Graz University of Technology, Austria (2010-2011)
The Technical Committee (TC) is responsible for technical issues of the league along with the Executive Committee members listed above. The current TC members are listed below.
- Andreas Witsch, University of Kassel, Germany
- Zhao Yong, Beijing Information Science & Technology University, China
- Seyed Ehsan Marjani Bajestani, Qazvin Islamic Azad University, Iran
The organizing committee is currently formed by:
- Fei Liu (chair), Chinese Association of Automation, China
- Shota Chikushi, Kyushu Institute of Technology, University of Kitakyushu, Japan
- Lotte de Koning, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Scientific and Technical Publications
- Bibliography digest - Contains a chronologically organized list of publications related to MSL, starting in 1997. Please read the notes on the first page to see how to contribute to maintain this document up to date.
- MSL status - A description of the accomplishments, current status and future outlook of RoboCup MSL, published in the proceedings of the 2014 RoboCup Symposium.
- Soccer leagues survey - An overview report on the RoboCup Soccer leagues published in AI magazine, Fall 2014, Volume 35, Nº 3, pages 77-85.
- Robotic open platform - The mechanical and electrical design of various robots participating in MSL have been released under an open hardware license here.
- MSL logging database - Worldmodelling data provided by team basestation and logged via refbox pc, according to JSON format described here.
How to Build an MSL Field
- Tutorial - This file contains instructions on how to construct an official competition field for RoboCup MSL, along with frequently asked questions with respect to organizing an MSL tournament.
- Wiki - Slides, videos and other results of the yearly RoboCup MSL workshop.
- https://github.com/RoboCup-MSL/ - Homepage of the MSL Referee Box.
- https://github.com/RoboCup-MSL/RefBox2015/releases - Latest release of the MSL Referee Box.
List of MSL events
- MSL events - An overview of events related to RoboCup MSL, both official world championships and local events.
- https://goo.gl/maps/AI9aW - Teams and events across the globe (Last update: May 2015)
- WM Data Struct - Instructions for logging of world model information via refbox (last Rev: 2016/03/04).
- Inter-Team Robot-Robot Communication - Detailed description of UDP Multicast package for mixed-team play
- MSL logging database - Standardized logging files of perceived game state and robot intentions
Pictures and video
Only add links to material of which the copyright notice allows free reuse!
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/robocup2014/ - Flickr stream RoboCup 2014
- https://www.youtube.com/user/robocup2014 - Youtube channel RoboCup 2014
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_eaPpKuYYHhMu9LESmKSQ - Youtube channel RoboCup MSL
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb_oPHJaqrk-D1j29wSxIAg - Youtube channel CAMBADA team
- https://www.youtube.com/user/TechUnited - Youtube channel Tech United Eindhoven
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/techunited - Flickr stream Tech United Eindhoven
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/robocup2013 - Flickr stream RoboCup 2013
- https://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCup2013 - Youtube channel RoboCup 2013
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/robocupdutchopen - Flickr stream RoboCup Dutch Open 2012
- https://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCupDutchOpen - Youtube channel RoboCup Dutch Open 2012
- https://www.robocup.nl/archive/robocup2000/video/medium.htm - recordings RoboCup European Open 2000