Logistics League Overview
The RoboCup Logistics League (RCLL) is an application driven league inspired by the industrial scenario of a smart factory, where a number of machines provide manufacturing services to refine, assemble, or modify a workpiece eventually resulting in a final product. In this new paradigm, the factory provides a number of production technologies rather than production types. These can then be combined anew for each specific order. The idea is to allow cost effective production even for low volume or high variance products. Such a factory requires a more flexible logistics, where robots are a natural choice.
The RCLL provides a testbed and benchmark of a comprehensible and yet meaningful size for such a system. We see the RCLL in a larger context as a central — but by no means exclusive — requirement for modern manufacturing industries. It focuses on research questions about task level planning and scheduling, automation in an industrial production workflow, and multi-robot system integration. It is meant to spawn interest in industry for current robotics research and to provide a benchmarking domain for such applications.
League Mailing List
- Ulrich Karras, priv.Dozent, Essen, Germany (Exec 2015-2018)
- Tim Niemueller, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany (Exec 2015-2018)
- Christian Deppe, Festo Didactic SE, Denkendorf, Germany
- Tobias Neumann, FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany
- Tim Niemueller, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- Alain Rohr, HFTM Technical Institute of Applied Science Mittellan, Biel, Switzerland
- Wataru Uemura, Ryukoku University, Shiga, Japan
- Alexander Ferrein, FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany (Local Chair)
- Ulrich Karras, priv.Dozent, Essen, Germany (Local Chair)
- Sebastian Reuter, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- Thomas Zürcher, HFTM Technical Institute of Applied Science Mittellan, Biel, Switzerland
The rulebook for 2016 is available here.
How to Participate: Qualification Process
Teams that are interested in participating at the RCLL League should check out the  for further details related to registration and qualification process.
|Year||Location||1st Place Team||2nd Place Team||3rd Place Team|
|2015||Hefei, China||Carologistics||Solidus||Baby Tigers|
|2014||Joao Pessoa, Brazil||Carologistics||BavarianBendingUnits||UVM_Ingenieria|
|2012||Mexico City, Mexico||BavarianBendingUnits||Leuphana||UVM_Ingenieria|
In 2016 we will organize an additional Technical Challenge which will consist of a cooperation work between the RoboCup Logistics and the @Work Leagues.