Middle Size League
This is the official page of the RoboCup Middle Size League (MSL). On this page you find an overview of the participating teams, the MSL committees, the latest rules and regulations, results of the world championships, local events and more...
Make sure to subscribe to the official RoboCup MSL mailing list to stay up to date.
Standardization in Mixed-Team Robot-Robot Communication
During this years MSL Workshop a data structure for communication in mixed-teams was agreed upon. Detailed description available here.
Great Success at MSL Workshop 2014
Slides and videos of the presentations are available on the workshop wiki, which also contains the results of the rulebook discussion and dissemination session.
Registration Closed, MSL Workshop 2014
A total number of 32 people, representing six teams, have registered for the workshop. Participating teams are: Carpe Noctem, Tech United, CAMBADA, VDL Robot Sports, ASML Falcons and NuBot.
Open Invitation, MSL Workshop 2014
This year (2014) the RoboCup MSL workshop will take place in Eindhoven, on November 10th, 11th and 12th. Click here for the invitation.
RoboCup Soccer Leagues in AI Magazine
A very interesting overview report on the RoboCup Soccer leagues can be found here. This report has been published in AI magazine, Fall 2014, Volume 35, Nº 3, on pages 77-85 by RoboCup trustees Daniele Nardi, Itsuki Noda, Fernando Ribeiro, Peter Stone, Oskar von Stryk and Manuela Veloso.
League Status and Future Outlook
The proceedings of the 2014 RoboCup Symposium contain a description of the accomplishments, current status and future outlook of RoboCup MSL. Available here.
Survey Trustees vs MSL Winner on IEEE Spectrum
Evan Ackerman of IEEE Spectrum wrote this nice survey on the yearly match between the RoboCup Trustees and the winner of the MSL competition.
RoboCup 2014 Winner
Tech United Eindhoven has won RoboCup 2014 in Brazil. Detailed results here.
RoboCup 2014 Challenges Results
This years Technical Challenge has been won by team Water from Beijing. The Scientific Challenge was won by CAMBADA from the University of Aveiro. Detailed results here.
Low-Cost MSL Robot Design Released
A consortium of three companies and Eindhoven University of Technology developed TURTLE-5k, which is a low-cost redesign of an existing MSL robot. The mechanical design of this robot has been released.
RoboCup 2014 Qualification Results
A total number of 11 teams qualified. Detailed results here .
RoboCup 2014 Call for Participation
Please follow this link. Deadline for submission is February 14, on February 28 a list of qualified teams will be released.
Rules for the 2013 competitions: 2012-12-10
Rules for the 2012 competitions: 2011-12-29
Rules for the 2011 competitions: 2010-12-31
Rules for the 2010 competitions: 2010-05-12
Rules for the 2009 competitions: 2008-12-12
|5DPO||FEUP-DEEC / INESC-Porto, Portugal||http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~robosoc/en|
|Adro||Isfahan Azad University, Iran||http://www.iranadro.com|
|BIT-AC||Beijing Institute of Technology, China||http://ai.bitss.com.cn/|
|CAMBADA||University of Aveiro, Portugal||http://www.ieeta.pt/atri/cambada|
|Carpe Noctem Cassel (CNC)||University of Kassel, Germany||http://carpenoctem.das-lab.net|
|Endeavor||Wenzhou Vocational & Technical College, China||http://elc.wzvtc.net.cn/robot/index.html|
|Hibikino Musashi||Kyushu Institute of Technology, University of Kitakyushu, Japan||http://robocup.ksrp.or.jp/hibikino-musashi|
|Hong Kong Dragons||City University of Hong Kong, China||http://www.ap.cityu.edu.hk/robocup/robocup.htm|
|JiaoLong||Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China||http://robolab.sjtu.edu.cn/|
|MINHO||University of Minho, Portugal||http://www.robotica.dei.uminho.pt/robocup|
|MRL||Qazvin Islamic Azad University, Iran||http://mrl.ir/index.php/middle-size|
|MU Penguins||University of Melbourne, Australia||http://robocup.eng.unimelb.edu.au/|
|NuBot||National University of Defense Technology, China||http://nubot.nudt.edu.cn|
|Paderkicker||University of Paderborn, Germany||http://www.paderkicker.de|
|RFC Stuttgart||University of Stuttgart, Germany||http://robocup.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de|
|SocRob||Institute for Systems and Robotics, Portugal||http://socrob.isr.ist.utl.pt|
|Strive-Legends||Shanghai University, China||http://robocup.shu.edu.cn|
|Tech United Eindhoven||Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands||http://www.techunited.nl|
|Water||Beijing Information Science & Technology University, China||http://jdgcxy.bistu.edu.cn/robocup/index_robocup.asp|
|WinKIT||Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan||http://www2.kanazawa-it.ac.jp/robocup|
|ASML Falcons||ASML, The Netherlands||http://www.asml.com/|
|VDL Robot Sports||VDL Enabling Technologies Group, The Netherlands||http://www.robotsports.nl/|
|Year||1st Place Team||2nd Place Team||3rd Place Team||Video (Youtube)||Video (Youku)|
|2014||Tech United||Water||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2013||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2011||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full 1 2 3 4||Highlights|
|2010||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full 1 2 3 4||Full 1 2 3 4|
|2009||1.RFC Stuttgart||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights||Highlights|
|2002||EIGEN||WinKIT||Osaka Univ. Trackies2002||Highlights|
|2000||CS Freiburg||Golem Team||Sharif CE||Highlights|
|1999||Sharif CE||Azzurra Robot Team||CS Freiburg|
|1998||CS Freiburg||Tubingen||Osaka Univ.|
Results of the 2014 competition here
Results of the 2013 competition here
Results of the 2012 competition here
Results of the 2011 competition here
Results of the 2010 competition here
Results of the 2009 competition here
Make sure to subscribe to the official RoboCup MSL mailing list to stay up to date.
The Executive Committee members represent the MSL within the general RoboCup community. Executive committee members are appointed for three years.
- Bernardo Cunha, University of Aveiro, Portugal (2014-2016) - second term
- Yasunori Takemura, Nippon Bunri University, Japan (2014-2016) - second term
- Robin Soetens, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands (2014-2016) - first term
Former executive committee members:
- Roel Merry, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands (2010-2012)
- Andrea Bonarini, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (2006-2010)
- Fernando Ribeiro, University of Minho, Portugal (2004-2010)
- Yasutake Takahashi, Osaka University, Japan (2006-2009)
- Gerald Steinbauer, Graz University of Technology, Austria (2010-2011)
The Technical Committee (TC) is responsible for technical issues of the league along with the Executive Committee members listed above. The current TC members are listed below.
- Junhao Xiao, National University of Defense Technology, China
- Masoud Montazeri, Qazvin Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Wu Jia Hao, Beijing Intitute of Technology, China
The organizing committee is currently formed by
- Jose Luis Azevedo, University of Aveiro, Portugal (chair)
- Junhao Xiao, National University of Defense Technology, China (local chair)
- Fei Liu, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Scientific and Technical Publications
- Bibliography digest - Contains a chronologically organized list of publications related to MSL, starting in 1997. Please read the notes on the first page to see how to contribute to maintain this document up to date.
- MSL status - A description of the accomplishments, current status and future outlook of RoboCup MSL, published in the proceedings of the 2014 RoboCup Symposium.
- Soccer leagues survey - An overview report on the RoboCup Soccer leagues published in AI magazine, Fall 2014, Volume 35, Nº 3, pages 77-85.
- Robotic open platform - The mechanical and electrical design of various robots participating in MSL have been released under an open hardware license here.
How to Build an MSL Field
- Tutorial - This file contains instructions on how to construct an official competition field for RoboCup MSL, along with frequently asked questions with respect to organizing an MSL tournament.
- Wiki - Slides, videos and other results of the yearly RoboCup MSL workshop.
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/msl-refbox - Homepage of the MSL Referee Box.
List of MSL events
- MSL events - An overview of events related to RoboCup MSL, both official world championships and local events.
- WM Data Struct - Instructions for logging of world model information via refbox.
- Inter-Team Robot-Robot Communication - Detailed description of UDP Multicast package for mixed-team play