Middle Size League
< Main Page >
This is the official page of the RoboCup Middle Size League (MSL). On this page you find an overview of the participating teams, the MSL committees, the latest rules and regulations, results of the world championships, local events and more...
Make sure to subscribe to the official RoboCup MSL mailing list to stay up to date.
Qualification RoboCup 2016
The qualification results for RoboCup 2016 in Leipzig are published. Ten teams are qualified, team names and ranking can be found here.
The rulebook for RoboCup MSL in 2016 has been published. Together with a document summarizing the most important changes, it can be found here.
New RefBox project has been released
The new RefBox project, used and pre-tested during the V International MSL Workshop 2015 has been released and can be found at this site. All teams are invited to download the current version, and start testing with it, since this will most likely become the RefBox application for next year's competitions. New documentation regarding this RefFox will be updated soon.
The V International MSL Workshop 2015 was held in Aveiro, Portugal
This year (2015) the RoboCup MSL workshop took place in Aveiro, on November 23th, 124h and 25th. Click here for further information.
RoboCup 2016 Call for Participation
The RoboCup 2016 Middle Size League Call for Participation can be found here.
RoboCup 2015 Results
The results for the Tournament, Scientific Challenge and Techical Challenge in RoboCup 2015 can be seen here
Pre-qualification results for the 2015 MSL RoboCup Competition in China
Pre-Qualification results here
Public Release Code CAMBADA Team
Software developed by the CAMBADA team has been released under a GPL3 license. The release includes code for robot-robot communication, an MSL basestation, a simulator for MSL and the role of a striker.
RoboCup 2015 Rules Published
RoboCup 2015 Call for Participation
The RoboCup 2015 Middle Size League Call for Participation can be found here.
Check also for PREVIOUS NEWS
Previous news can be found at this link
Rules for the 2013 competitions: 2012-12-10
Rules for the 2012 competitions: 2011-12-29
Rules for the 2011 competitions: 2010-12-31
Rules for the 2010 competitions: 2010-05-12
Rules for the 2009 competitions: 2008-12-12
Teams (in alphabetical order)
|5DPO||FEUP-DEEC / INESC-Porto, Portugal||http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~robosoc/en|
|Adro||Isfahan Azad University, Iran||http://www.iranadro.com|
|ARES||The Pilot College Of Beijing University of Technology, China||http://www.pcbjut.com/RoboCup/|
|CAMBADA||University of Aveiro, Portugal||http://robotica.ua.pt/CAMBADA|
|Carpe Noctem Cassel (CNC)||Distributed Systems Group, University of Kassel, Germany||http://carpenoctem.das-lab.net|
|CS_Rob||Changshu Institute of Technology, China||http://dqxylib.cslg.cn/view.asp?id=2652|
|Endeavor||Wenzhou Vocational & Technical College, China||http://elc.wzvtc.net.cn/robot/index.html|
|Falcons||ASML, The Netherlands||http://www.falcons-robocup.nl/|
|Hibikino Musashi||Kyushu Institute of Technology, University of Kitakyushu, Japan||http://robocup.ksrp.or.jp/hibikino-musashi|
|Hong Kong Dragons||City University of Hong Kong, China||http://www.ap.cityu.edu.hk/robocup/robocup.htm|
|JiaoLong||Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China||http://robolab.sjtu.edu.cn/|
|Lushan||The College of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Hunan University, China||http://188.8.131.52/index2.html|
|MINHO||University of Minho, Portugal||http://www.robotica.dei.uminho.pt/robocup|
|MRL||Qazvin Islamic Azad University, Iran||http://mrl.ir/index.php/middle-size|
|MU Penguins||University of Melbourne, Australia||http://robocup.eng.unimelb.edu.au/|
|NuBot||National University of Defense Technology, China||http://nubot.nudt.edu.cn|
|Paderkicker||University of Paderborn, Germany||http://www.paderkicker.de|
|RFC Stuttgart||University of Stuttgart, Germany||http://robocup.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de|
|ROBIT||Beijing Institute of Technology, China||http://robit.quanquan6.com/|
|SocRob||Institute for Systems and Robotics, Portugal||http://socrob.isr.ist.utl.pt|
|Strive-Legends||Shanghai University, China||http://robocup.shu.edu.cn|
|Tech United Eindhoven||Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands||http://www.techunited.nl|
|VDL Robot Sports||VDL Enabling Technologies Group, The Netherlands||http://www.robotsports.nl/|
|Water||Beijing Information Science & Technology University, China||http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/articlelist_2532664717_0_1.html|
|WinKIT||Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan||http://www2.kanazawa-it.ac.jp/robocup|
|Year||1st Place Team||2nd Place Team||3rd Place Team||Video (Youtube)||Video (Youku)|
|2015||Water||Tech United||ARES||Highlights - Full||Full|
|2014||Tech United||Water||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2013||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full||Highlights|
|2011||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full 1 2 3 4||Highlights|
|2010||Water||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights - Full 1 2 3 4||Full 1 2 3 4|
|2009||1.RFC Stuttgart||Tech United||CAMBADA||Highlights||Highlights|
|2002||EIGEN||WinKIT||Osaka Univ. Trackies2002||Highlights|
|2000||CS Freiburg||Golem Team||Sharif CE||Highlights|
|1999||Sharif CE||Azzurra Robot Team||CS Freiburg|
|1998||CS Freiburg||Tubingen||Osaka Univ.|
Results of the 2015 competition here
Results of the 2014 competition here
Results of the 2013 competition here
Results of the 2012 competition here
Results of the 2011 competition here
Results of the 2010 competition here
Results of the 2009 competition here
Make sure to subscribe to the official RoboCup MSL mailing list to stay up to date.
The Executive Committee members represent the MSL within the general RoboCup community. Executive committee members are appointed for three years.
- Yasunori Takemura, Nippon Bunri University, Japan (2014-2016) - second term
- Robin Soetens, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands (2014-2016) - first term
- Andreas Witsch, University of Kassel, Germany (2016-2018) - first term
Former executive committee members:
- Bernardo Cunha, University of Aveiro, Portugal (2011-2015)
- Roel Merry, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands (2010-2012)
- Andrea Bonarini, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (2006-2010)
- Fernando Ribeiro, University of Minho, Portugal (2004-2010)
- Yasutake Takahashi, Osaka University, Japan (2006-2009)
- Gerald Steinbauer, Graz University of Technology, Austria (2010-2011)
The Technical Committee (TC) is responsible for technical issues of the league along with the Executive Committee members listed above. The current TC members are listed below.
- Ricardo Dias, DETI/IEETA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Wu Jia Hao, Beijing Intitute of Technology, China
- Junhao Xiao, National University of Defense Technology, China
The organizing committee is currently formed by
- Jose Luis Azevedo, University of Aveiro, Portugal (general chair)
- Ye Tian, Beijing Information Science&Technology University, China
- Stephan Opfer, Distributed Systems Group, University of Kassel, Germany (local chair)
Scientific and Technical Publications
- Bibliography digest - Contains a chronologically organized list of publications related to MSL, starting in 1997. Please read the notes on the first page to see how to contribute to maintain this document up to date.
- MSL status - A description of the accomplishments, current status and future outlook of RoboCup MSL, published in the proceedings of the 2014 RoboCup Symposium.
- Soccer leagues survey - An overview report on the RoboCup Soccer leagues published in AI magazine, Fall 2014, Volume 35, Nº 3, pages 77-85.
- Robotic open platform - The mechanical and electrical design of various robots participating in MSL have been released under an open hardware license here.
How to Build an MSL Field
- Tutorial - This file contains instructions on how to construct an official competition field for RoboCup MSL, along with frequently asked questions with respect to organizing an MSL tournament.
- Wiki - Slides, videos and other results of the yearly RoboCup MSL workshop.
- https://github.com/RoboCup-MSL/ - Homepage of the MSL Referee Box.
- https://github.com/RoboCup-MSL/RefBox2015/releases - Latest release of the MSL Referee Box.
List of MSL events
- MSL events - An overview of events related to RoboCup MSL, both official world championships and local events.
- WM Data Struct - Instructions for logging of world model information via refbox (last Rev: 2016/03/04).
- Inter-Team Robot-Robot Communication - Detailed description of UDP Multicast package for mixed-team play
Pictures and video
Only add links to material of which the copyright notice allows free reuse!
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/robocup2014/ - Flickr stream RoboCup 2014
- https://www.youtube.com/user/robocup2014 - Youtube channel RoboCup 2014
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_eaPpKuYYHhMu9LESmKSQ - Youtube channel RoboCup MSL
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb_oPHJaqrk-D1j29wSxIAg - Youtube channel CAMBADA team
- https://www.youtube.com/user/TechUnited - Youtube channel Tech United Eindhoven
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/techunited - Flickr stream Tech United Eindhoven
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/robocup2013 - Flickr stream RoboCup 2013
- https://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCup2013 - Youtube channel RoboCup 2013
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/robocupdutchopen - Flickr stream RoboCup Dutch Open 2012
- https://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCupDutchOpen - Youtube channel RoboCup Dutch Open 2012